I thought of a really funny moment the other day while I was brushing my teeth. I started laughing so hard I choked on my toothpaste!
We were all visiting Dad and Cyndi down in New Orleans for the summer. It was so hot and humid it was gross. We would never go outside unless we were going to the pool. This one day we all went together to the pool: Dad, Cyndi, James, Dominic, Adrien, Jen and me. We were getting our towels set up and situated. We couldn't wait to get out of our t-shirts and shorts and get into the pool. I remember Dad was sitting in this chair taking off his t-shirt. He lifted up his arms over his head to pull the shirt off and low and behold all of us kids got a glimpse of two of the most beautifully clean shaven arm pits we had ever seen on a man! We all instantly started laughing and pointing...of course the boys were swearing and asking Dad, "what the hell are you doing shaving your arm pits!!!???" Our hysterical laughing and pointing didn't bother him one bit. He responded very calmly that the weather down in New Orleans was very hot and he tends to sweat more than the normal person. Shaving his arm pits seemed to help. We laughed even harder! It was so funny to see this masculine man with no under arm hair. Further confirmation that my Dad was always impeccibly groomed!
I miss him so much. I didn't realize how much until I got back to work...I miss his emails.
Melissa 11-14-07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment